About Liquid Packaging Board
An environmentally responsible alternative to plastic
FOCUSED ON QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY
Made to precise specifications in a stringently sanitary environment, our liquid packaging board products deliver freshness and satisfaction to customers across the globe.
Our liquid packaging board is celebrated for its quality. It is stronger at lighter weights than competitive materials because we use a mix of hard- and softwood tree species common to the Pacific Northwest. It is versatile and durable. It's easily printed. And it’s made with care to help keep consumers safe and healthy.
About our facility
Since 1953, we've been located in Longview, Washington, which has convenient access to ports for international shipping destinations. Our mill produces liquid packaging board rolls, which are then transferred to two extruder machines that apply a polyethylene coating to the product. We have the capacity to produce 300,000 tons of product per year.
Our certifications include:
- ISO 9001:2008 for Quality Management
- ISO 14001 for Environmental Management
- FSSC 22000 for Food Safety System Management
We test cartons for durability using a state-of-the-art vibration table that simulates real shipping conditions.
Committed to Sustainability
From management of sustainable forestlands to progressive recycling programs, customers can count our commitment to sustainability. For example:
- The wood fibers in our paperboard come from sustainable timberlands and residual materials from sawmill operations.
- We encourage and support recycling. In Japan, our largest market, 20-25 percent of liquid cartons are recycled into high-value consumer products, a number we are working to grow.
See our product environmental profile for more.
INNOVATING FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
Our development team creates new grades of liquid packaging board to satisfy unique market needs, heighten performance and deliver superior value. Every innovation is tested against stringent quality standards, including:
- Purity: We ensure our products are free of taints, odors, and microbiological and other contaminants.
- Appearance: We use rigorous technologies, including reflective wavelength testing, to meet or exceed customer requirements for brightness, whiteness and smoothness.
- Runnability: To ensure quick conversion into containers, we carefully test board flatness, creasing and folding properties, and moisture content.
- Durability: All our products are routinely tested for strength, toughness and sturdiness.
- Grip firmness and bulge: We balance board stiffness and coating weights for firmness and to prevent bulging on store shelves.
Welcome to Weyerhaeuser's new website!
You appear to be using an older browser. This website is best viewed using the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. If you proceed without upgrading or switching browsers, you may not experience optimal navigation or page functionality. Thank you for your interest in Weyerhaeuser and we hope you enjoy your visit.
Update my browser now