Welcome to Weyerhaeuser's new website!
You appear to be using an older browser. This website is best viewed using the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. If you proceed without upgrading or switching browsers, you may not experience optimal navigation or page functionality. Thank you for your interest in Weyerhaeuser and we hope you enjoy your visit.
Update my browser now
TJI® joist with Flak Jacket® protection combines the industry’s leading I-joist brand with a proprietary, factory-applied coating that enhances the joist’s fire resistance and enables them to meet one- and two-family fire protection code requirements.
Flak Jacket product availability varies by market. Please contact your Trus Joist Territory Manager for availability.
Flak Jacket® Benefits:
- Provides compliant fire protection in one- and two-family applications using existing designs and procedures, and no additional labor
- Meets the requirements of Section R501.3 (2012) and Section R302.13 (2015) of the International Residential Code without the addition of gypsum or other extra steps
- No special tools, training, handling or orientation required; uses standard hangers for quick and smooth installation
- Available in multiple series and depths
- All the quality and cost-efficiency you expect from Trus Joist engineered lumber products
- Includes the security of the Trus Joist limited lifetime warranty
Watch this video to learn about Trust Joist TJI joists with Flak Jacket protection fire resistant solution for single- and multi-family projects.
As part of the Flak Jacket protected family of products, Weyerhaeuser is excited to introduce TimberStrand LSL with Flak Jacket FRT Protection for rim board applications. Flak Jacket FRT coating provides an innovative, code evaluated, patent-pending solution that meets section 2303.2 "Fire-retardant-treated wood" of the International Building Code.
- tj-9012 - Flak Jacket Floor Performance Meets Fire Resistance
- tj-4032 - Product Overview: TJI Joists with Flak Jacket Protection
- tb-828 - TJI® Joists with Flak Jacket® Protection Frequently Asked Questions