Welcome to Weyerhaeuser's new website!
You appear to be using an older browser. This website is best viewed using the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. If you proceed without upgrading or switching browsers, you may not experience optimal navigation or page functionality. Thank you for your interest in Weyerhaeuser and we hope you enjoy your visit.
Update my browser now
When it comes to value, what really counts is not how much the MDF costs, but how much it costs to use. Not all MDF panels are alike and may differ by wood species, fiber size, binders, density and consistency. All of these factors have a significant impact on key elements of your processing costs, including:
- Cutting-tool life
- Machine center throughput speed and amp load
- Machined profile quality as it relates to the need for sanding, filling and other steps prior to finishing
- Amount/thickness of coating or laminating material required for adequate coverage
- Defect rates
Value you can trust
We have developed several specialty product formulations, each enhancing the productivity and quality of specific end-use applications. There’s no doubt you’ll find the one to meet your requirements and surpass your expectations.
Our fiberboard is prized by woodworkers for its exceptional qualities, including a smooth unblemished surface and homogeneous core.
Certified Green Products
We formulate our Glacier Green™ and Glacier Clear™ products to meet a wide range of green and sustainable product standards:
- SFI® Sustainable Forestry Initiative – Certified Sourcing
- California Air Resources Board (CARB) – ATCM 93120 – View Certificate (carb-atcm-certificate.jpg)
- Eco-Certified Composite (ECC) Standard 4-11 – Environmentally Responsible Use of Wood Fiber – View Certificate (ECC-Certificate-of-Compliance-WY-March-2016-.pdf)
- LEED® US Green Building Council – New Construction and Major Renovations
- Green Globes® Rating System – New Construction and Major Renovations
- ICC 700-2015 National Green Building Standard™ – Resource Efficiency, Indoor Environmental Quality, and Remodeling
Using Super-Refined MDF2®
To get maximum value from our high-performance fiberboard products, download our MDF Tip Sheet for helpful hints on:
- Edge Finishing
- Proper Care Prior to Use
Detailed industry technical bulletins and information on the general use of MDF and related products also may be obtained from the Composite Panel Association.
- pl-4000 - Weyerhaeuser Glacier Green™ High Density Machining Grade
- pl-4001 - Weyerhaeuser LDF, MDF & HDF
- pl-6000 - Weyerhaeuser Ultra-Core™ HDF